FIRE SAFETY INSPECTION
What is a fire safety inspection?
A fire safety inspection is a fire safety service provided by the private sector and mandatory for buildings with certain uses.
A fire safety inspection in the sense of the law is an inspection of the territory, the building and the fire safety installation located in it, as well as the compliance of the activities in the building with fire safety requirements.
Fire safety inspection operations, features of fire safety inspection, requirements for the content of the fire safety inspection report and the procedure for information exchange are regulated by the regulation "Fire safety inspection operations, peculiarities of fire safety inspection, content of the fire safety inspection report and procedure for information exchange" established of the Fire Safety ActOn the basis of § 42 paragraph 7.
§ 2. Fire safety inspection operations
(1) During the fire safety inspection:
1) the compliance of the territory, the building and the activities in the building with fire safety requirements is checked visually;
2) it is checked whether the required fire safety installations are present in the building, in working order and maintained in accordance with established fire safety requirements;
3) fire safety documentation is checked;
4) the compliance of the activity in the building with the main use of the building is assessed, whereas in the case of a building with a mixed use, all parts of the building are checked;
5) the fire safety of the building and the readiness of persons to act in the event of a fire are checked, while evacuation drills are not carried out.
(2) The results of the fire safety inspection are recorded in the act.
A fire safety inspection is carried out every 3 years
If the fire safety inspector (fire safety expert level 5 or 6) assesses the building and the activities in the building as fire safewithout defects, the owner or occupier of the building is required to conduct the next fire safety inspection at the latest 6 years to organize after.
If the building's occupancy permit was granted after March 1, 2021 and the building meets the criteria set forth in subsection 1 of § 42 of the Fire Safety Act, its owner or occupier shall organize a fire safety inspection at the latest After 6 years from the date of obtaining the use permit.
Deadlines for submitting fire safety inspection documents:
In an office building with an area of more than 750 m2, a deed shall be submitted to the Rescue Board no later than January 1, 2023.
In industrial and warehouse buildings with an area of more than 1,000 m2, the act shall be submitted to the Rescue Board no later than January 1, 2024.
in a garage with an area of more than 1,000 m2, an act shall be submitted to the Rescue Board no later than January 1, 2025.
How to act in case of deficiencies?
In case of deficiencies discovered during the fire safety inspection, deadlines for their elimination are agreed upon and noted in the draft act.
The person conducting the fire safety inspection submits the report to the rescue information system at the latestin 30 daysfrom the date of the fire safety inspection.
The person conducting the fire safety inspection checks the elimination of the deficiencies indicated in the actwithin 60 daysfrom the arrival of the deadline for elimination of the deficiency.
In the event of a threat that may lead to a rescue event with extensive consequences or a requirement to stop the use of the building or its territory or the operation of the equipment, the person conducting the fire safety inspection submits the report to the rescue information system no later thanwithin 3 working daysfrom the date of the fire safety inspection.
In the case of a deficiency not eliminated by the deadline or in the case mentioned in the previous point, the Rescue Committee hasthe right to initiate a state supervision procedure.
During the fire safety inspection, the person performing the fire safety inspection is not changed without a valid reason.
FIRE SAFETY INSPECTION - FAQ
In which buildings must a fire safety inspection be carried out?
There is a fire safety inspection every year3 years do behind:
1) in an office building with an area of more than 750 m2;
2) in an industrial and production building with an area of more than 1000 m2;
3) in a garage with an area of more than 1000 m2.
Who is obliged to arrangefire safety inspection?
The fire safety inspection is organized by the owner of the building. If the building is used by several occupiers, the owner of the building organizes the fire safety inspection.
Which buildings do not require a fire safety inspection?
A fire safety inspection is not mandatory:
1) in a building that is higher than 28 meters;
2) in a dangerous enterprise keletter of § 21 subsection 3 of the Mikal Actin the shower;
3) with the risk of a major accident in the company within the meaning of § 21 (4) of the Chemicals Act.
If the person performing the fire safety inspection informs the Rescue Board that it is impractical to conduct a fire safety inspection of the building due to the building's purpose of use or other special features, the Rescue Board may exempt the owner or occupier of such a building from conducting a fire safety inspection.
If the deadline for organizing a fire safety inspection has been extended or if the Rescue Board has exempted the owner or occupier of the building from the fire safety inspection in accordance with subsection 2 of this section, but the purpose of use of the building, the activities taking place in it or other specific features have been changed after that,the occupier or owner of the building must inform the Rescue Board about it.
What to do before the inspection?
- enter portal https://ylevaatus.paasteteamet.ee and check if the representative can see the building data
What documents need to be prepared for inspection?
- building project / surveying project
- ATS documentation / contract / maintenance report of the last quarter / maintenance report of the last year
- security lighting maintenance contract/ maintenance report/ location diagrams
- electrical installation compliance certificate/lightning protection maintenance
- fire extinguisher inspection act
- control report of hose cabinets
- action plan in case of fire / evacuation schemes / summary of the last exercise
- fire extinguishing system project/ maintenance report / maintenance contract (if the system is installed and required)
- smoke removal project / location schemes / maintenance report / maintenance contract
- maintenance report for solid heating devices / chimney sweep report
The occupier or owner of the building must allow the fire safety inspector to sienter the immovable property, building and all premises in his possession and submit all relevant data and documents to the fire safety inspector.
How much does the inspection cost?
The exact price depends on the size of the object and the scope of the specific work. Send us an inquiry so we can make a specific quote.
FIRE SAFETY SAUDI- what is it and why is it needed?
HEATING SYSTEM EXPERTISE- what is it and why is it needed?
Oleme teie usaldusväärne partner tuleohutuses
Tulipunane OÜ on erakapitalil põhinev ettevõte mis pakub alates aastast 2012 tuleohutusteenuseid. Meie põhiliseks tegevusalaks on erinevate tuleohutuslahenduste väljatöötamine projekteerimis- ja ehitusfaasis.
Meie tugevuseks on kogenud spetsialistid tuleohutuse valdkonnast, kes leiavad mõistliku lahenduse ka kõige keerulisemas olukorras.